GPS Utility (Lite) Edition Feature List
GPSU-LT is provided for Windows 3.1 users. This version is in maintenance
only and no new function will be added to it.
For more details, please see the Help topic in GPSU on 'freeware' and 'registered version'.
- Freeware version
This version is limited to 100 waypoints, 5 routes of up to 10 waypoints each,
500 trackpoints, bitmap image size of 960x960 pixels.
- Shareware version
This version can handle up to 5000 waypoints, 20 routes, 15000 trackpoints. The
maximum image size in this version is 6000x6000 pixels (BMP file type only).
To download it go to the download page.
- Unload/Load to Garmin,
Magellan and other(NMEA) GPS receivers.
To see if your receiver is supported, please try out the freeware version of GPSU.
- Symbol set translation between different device types
- Supports color, altitude and named tracks
- Basic Edit capability for waypoints, routes and trackpoints
- Enter coordinates in a variety of formats
- Sort waypoints by name/date/time/latitude/longitude/symbol/comments/altitude
- Filter waypoints and tracks by name/geographic area/distance from current point
- Convert coordinates between map datums
- View in different coordinate formats including:
- Latitude and Longitude (degrees, degrees-mins, degrees-mins-secs)
- UTM/UPS, MRGS
- British grid (both alphabetic zone and 6 digit numeric forms), Irish Grid
- German grid, Swiss grid, Swedish grid, Finnish grid,
- Netherlands grid, Belgium grid, Czech grid,
- Israeli (both old and new), West Malayan RSO, Singapore grid
- Maidenhead Locator Grid (Ham radio)
- .... more on request to the author
- Work with multiple sets of data displayed on the sceen at the same time
- Copy/Paste data between data sets even when referenced to different datums
- Read/Write Garmin PCX5, Waypoint+ comma delimited formats and OziExplorer files
- Read/Write Yeoman WPL format waypoints
- Read Gardown files (limited support only)
- Import MS AutoRoute Express Routes (Start, Stops and End Points) (AEU, AXE and AXG files)
- Import 'Streets and Trips' Routes (Start, Stops and End Points) (EST files)
USGS Coastline Extractor MAPGEN files.
- Export Route and Track information (speed, distance and time)
- Export routes in a Route Card format (for import to spreadsheet programs)
- Export waypoints ready for import into AutoRoute express
- Export raw track data
- Export GPS Topographer format files
- Print GPS information in list form
- Gather current position at regular time intervals
- Plot current position on a "Moving Map" display
- Interface Monitor for diagnostics and NMEA sentence logging
- Create Waypoints and Routes from Track information
- Tools to average waypoints and tracks
- Generate Search Patterns round a waypoint
- Tools to find the area of closed tracks and routes
- Map GPS information
- Add map annotation in text and image form (registered version only)
- Graphical editing (drag waypoints/trackpoints)
- Print the information as a bitmap (BMP file)
- Export map as bitmap
- Overlay GPS information on bitmaps
- Digitise waypoints, routes, tracks from on-screen bitmaps
- Display tracks with time and/or speed information
- Measure distances between points, show Selective Availability error distance
- ....and more.........